XCOR NSRC-2012 Research/Education Flight Prize (the “Prize”) -- Official Rules
Open to Earlybird Professional, Advanced Professional, or Advanced Student Paid Registration (Onsite and One-Day Registrations are not eligible) prior to 0830AM PT 26 February 2012 of the Next-Generation Suborbital Researchers Conference 2012 (NSRC-2012) who are: legal residents of countries not on the US State Department’s Country Policies and Embargoes List and where this contest is deemed legal by the governmental authorities, 18 years of age or older as of date of registration, a paid registrant at NSRC-2012, and satisfy other qualifications as found in the Official Rules and any XCOR or government rules, laws or regulations required to fly an experiment on the Lynx Mark I suborbital spacecraft.
One (1) Prize Offered: Winner will be granted the following Prize:
No Prize substitutions are allowed except by the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute the flight for an equivalent Actual Value cash prize. Flight must be used by 15 December 2015 and certain restrictions may apply.
Prize Notes: The Prize is transferable by the Winner to another Eligible natural person prior to the booking of the flight, not during or after. Should the Winner choose to transfer the Prize, they may transfer the Prize, with written approval of Sponsor, to another Eligible natural person, who will then be referred to as “Transfer Winner.” All rules and rights applicable to the Winner except the right of Transferability shall apply to Transfer Winner. For clarity, the Transfer Winner may not transfer the Prize. Winner will be required to sign all required XCOR documents and release forms (which shall also include releases in favor of the Sponsor, as described below), pass a training, medical screening, and pre-flight experiment screening, as appropriate, in accordance with required safety and flight readiness rules and practices, and pass any Sponsor or government process (including G-force training, medical screening or other such pre-requisite) before being authorized for the space flight. If the Winner or their experiment does not pass the inspection, pre-flight readiness, training, medical, safety review or any other process(es) (a “Default”), and does not correct the Default within 30 days or a longer time period allowed by Sponsor in writing, the remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and no substitution will be awarded. Should the Winner be deemed an Excluded Person, then a Back-up Winner from the original drawing will be declared the Winner. The Prize may not be sold, bartered or offered for sale or re-sale, and any authorized transfer must be approved in writing by Sponsor.
4. Random Drawings: The Winner and a Backup Winner, in case the Winner is deemed an Excluded Person, will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received by the specified deadlines during the Promotion Period. The Prize drawing will be conducted on or about February 27th, 2012 at the NSRC-2012 conference from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted at the conference and officially witnessed by the conference organizer, Southwest Research Institute. All decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes when made by Sponsor’s designated representative, Mr. Andrew Nelson, Chief Operating Officer of XCOR Aerospace, or his designated alternative. Odds of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received for the drawing. The Prize will be awarded and winner will be formally notified in person at the NSRC-2012, or by mail, e-mail and/or phone.
6. Eligibility: The Prize may be awarded to an Earlybird Professional, Advanced Professional or Advanced Student paid registrant to the NSRC-2012 if the registration was paid prior to 0830AM United States Pacific Time on 26 February 2012, and the registrant is a natural person 18 years or older at the time of the registration and is a legal resident of a country not on the US State Department’s Country Policies and Embargoes List and where this contest is deemed legal by the national authorities, and who is allowed to accept such a Prize by their employer without harm or hindrance of future contractual relationship with Sponsor or its subsidiaries and affiliates (of which the Winner will be required to attest in writing). Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Administrator, RocketShip Tours, Colonel Rick Searfoss, James Muncy, Space Expedition Curacao, Southwest Research Institute, direct competitors of the Sponsor in the suborbital and propulsion fields (e.g., Virgin Galactic, Blue Origin, Scaled Composites, Sierra Nevada Corporation, Armadillo Aerospace, Masten Space Systems, Whittinghill, UP Aerospace, Pratt Whitney Rocketdyne, Aerojet, and others as determined by Sponsor in its sole opinion) and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, and immediate family members of each and/or people having residency in the same household, and any person or entity not meeting the eligibility criteria in the proceeding sentence of this section, are not eligible to participate (“Excluded Parties”). All eligibility is subject to all federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor. Administrator’s database clock will be the timekeeper for this Prize. This Prize is void in Quebec and where prohibited.
7. Privacy & Personal Information: Personal information collected from entrants will be used by Sponsor for the purpose of administering the Prize. Sponsor shall not sell, share or otherwise disclose personal information of entrants with third parties, other than to third parties engaged by Sponsor to fulfill the above purposes or as otherwise consented to by the entrant or required by law or subpoena. For non-U.S. residents: Your personal data will be transferred to the United States. Pursuant to EU law pertaining to data collection and processing, as an EU resident, you have a right of access to, modification and withdrawal of your personal data. You also have the right of opposition to the data collection, under certain circumstances. To exercise such right, you may write to: XCOR Aerospace, Inc., PO Box 1163, Mojave, CA USA 93502. The data controller and the data recipient are Sponsor and Administrator. Your data will be transferred outside the European Union.
8. Winner List: For the name of the Winner, please mail the request to:
9. Sponsor/Administrator/Prize Providers: The Sponsor, Administrator and Prize Provider of the Prize is XCOR Aerospace, Inc. in these Official Rules.
Copyright © 2011, XCOR Aerospace, Inc., All Rights Reserved
Copyright © 2013 XCOR Aerospace, Inc.